The Company will respect the confidentiality of, and endeavour to keep safe, any and all personal data collected and/or stored and/or used by, or on behalf of, the Company.
Where an individual reasonably requests access to and/or correction of personal data held by the Company relating to him/her, then subject to said individual being able to furnish satisfactory evidence of his/her identity as requested by the Company, the Company will use its best endeavour to provide and/or correct such personal data at the Company’s sole discretion.
Types and Purposes of Personal Data Collected
- Your personal data (including but not limited to your contact details, personal name, e-mail address, company name, business title, business address and telephone number) provided by you to the Company may be used and retained by the Company for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and the Company or required by law from time to time:
- marketing of goods and/or services offered by the Company and/or any member of the Group;
- promotion and/or launching of the events and/or activities organised and/or held by the Company and/or any member of the Group;
- your enrolment into and/or subscription of the events and/or activities organised and/or held by the Company and/or any member of the Group;
- analysing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of goods and/or services;
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- enabling the daily operation of your account and/or the collection of amount owing by you in relation to the provision of the goods and/or service
The Company may occasionally use your personal data to contact you for promotional purposes or to provide you with marketing or other information.
The Company may use any of the personal data collected in the normal course of its business for promotional and marketing purposes at the Company’s sole discretion.
- The Company’s server may also collect data relating to your online session, the use of which is to provide aggregated, anonymous, statistical information on the server’s usage so that we may better meet the demands and expectations of visitors to our sites. This type of data may include :
- the browser type and version;
- the operating system; and
- the IP address and/or domain name.
Accuracy of Personal Data
Where possible, the Company will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines, including through the use of check sum verification on some numeric fields. In some instances, the Company is able to validate the data provided against pre-existing data which it may hold. In other instances, the Company may request to see original documentation from you before using certain personal data such as personal identifiers and/or proof of address.
Retention of Personal Data
In accordance with the Company’s internal retention policy, your personal data will only be retained for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected (unless such personal data must be retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations).
Disclosure of Personal Data
- All personal data held by the Company will be kept confidential and will not be sold or released to any other person. However, the Company may provide such information to :
- any member of the Group;
- any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of the Company, or jointly with the Company;
- any person that is under a duty of confidentiality to the Company and/or any member of the Group who has undertaken to keep such data confidential;
- any financial institution, charge or credit card issuing company, credit information or reference bureau or collection agency necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested; and
- any assignee, successor, advertiser or business partner.
- In addition, personal data may also be disclosed to any person who has a legal right to gain access to such information provided he/she is able to prove his/her authority to access such information. For example, if the Company were served with a court order demanding certain customer information, then the Company would disclose the information to a duly appointed officer of the court or to such other person as the court orders.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Malaysia
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for the Company to transfer certain personal data to places outside of Malaysia in order to carry out the purposes, or directly related purposes, for which the personal data was collected.
Security of Personal Data
Once collected, your personal data is stored by the Company on computer systems and storage media to which access is controlled or restricted.
The Company has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under its control.
Although the Company takes reasonable technological precautions, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and the Company cannot warrant that your information will be completely secure. Any transmission of your personal data on or through the use of its Internet site, www.build.com.my is at your own risk.
Changes to this Statement
The Company may revise this statement at any time by updating this posting. Please check this page from time to time to review the current terms.
The Company’s Contact Details
All inquiries should be made in writing to:
Build Technology Supply Sdn Bhd
Address: No 9 Jalan 51/203A Kawasan Perindustrian Tiong Nam Sek51 46050 Petaling Jaya Selangor Malaysia
Or by email :[email protected]
The English version of this statement will prevail over any version in any other languages (if any) which may be provided for information purposes.